Monday, October 08, 2007

I was in Atlanta on Friday night to see Turandot, one of my favorite operas. The evening went very well, though I did get a few stares when I showed up in my purple leisure suit that had BADASS written on the back in sequins. I got more stares when I tried to get the audience to sing along. Unfortunately, I had to decided to run the libretto through an online translator before the show, and this is what I tried to get the audience to sing:

The women, the servants of the boia, the crowd
Loving cakies, ahead, ahead!
When rangola gong gongola the boia.
Space is the love if not there is fortune.
The enigmas are three, the dead women are one! The dead women are one!
You grease, rolls up!

The enigmas are three, the dead women are one!
That the blade wriggles, sprizzi blood.
Who those gong percuoterà?

I was accused of uttering satanic incantations and hustled outside.

Some people just don't like it when the fine arts are made easier for the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home