Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Having been born and raised in Florida, I conceitedly believe that I am impervious to heat and humidity. When the weather service issues a heat advisory, instead of staying indoors and turning the thermostat down to 65, I dash out on my bike to ride 40 miles or so -- just to show off a little.

I had never suffered much from that in the past, because the excessive heat usually lasted only a day or so. But having spent the past two weeks riding in 100+ degree heat, I can admit that I have gotten my ass kicked by the sun. I have finished rides hot and exhausted, and my recoveries have been a little slower than usual. So instead of having the longish piece I have in mind ready today, I'll have to post Plan B.

Years ago, my cousin turned me onto Dr. Science. Those of you who listen to public radio probably know all about him. But for those who don't, I give you this link:

http://www.drscience.com/

My favorite question was whether zebras would register on the checkout line at supermarkets. But that was years ago, and I doubt you can find it. But if you have 15 minutes or so to kill (and any office worker who can't manufacture 15 minutes of lazy Web surfing has no right to his or her cubicle), check this site out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home