Wednesday, August 01, 2007

COLD COMFORT

I recently went home to Florida, and instead of returning with a Mickey Mouse hat or some other tacky trinket, I brought back a cold. It has thrown my sense of humor a little offline, and it has put my sleep cycle back to that of a 9-to-5 worker.

That is not a good thing.

I like sleeping late because I work until midnight or 1 a.m. Call it virtuous sloth. And I miss the morning news shows and The View. But that has come to a temporary halt until I regain my health and begin staying out late and carousing again.

Here's what I have learned so far from waking up early. There are bad movies on early in the day. John Lithgow is better as a psychotic or eccentric than as a nice guy. The home run record is "prolific" or so say Mike and Mike in the Morning. Most of all, I have learned that it is not so bad to dream about failed tests and public nudity when the morning TV fare just ain't cutting it.

I hope to feel better soon, and put up a decent post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home