Monday, October 09, 2006

ANOTHER MISSED OPPORTUNITY

In today's Telegraph business section, the centerpiece profile features Troy Tarpley, owner of a business that repairs dents in automobiles. By any measure, Troy is a decent, honorable man, and I really wanted to help my friend's business by putting a little pizzazz into the profile when I edited it last week. You know, give it a little "attitude."

The first thing I thought of doing was changing the attributions from "said" to more colorful verbs, such as "smirked," "leered" or "preened." But what I really should have done was insert a quote like this: "Yeah, I do a lot of business at people's homes," Tarpley smirked. "My favorite call are when I go to a house that has a hot, young wife and an absent husband. Then I do a different sort of body work, if you know what I mean."

I don't see how business couldn't help but improve with that kind of PR.

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy Tarpley said...

John, your not right. Your funny, but not right.

BTW, I wouldn't mind the increase in business, so if you come up with some other ideas, let me know. I'll run them past the Board over beers at IVP.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home